For Registration Please Call : 613-933-5004
Full Certificate course is our flagship service package. It is designed for people who have little or no driving experience and need to complete a beginner driver education course to earn the certificate from the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario to be eligible for an insurance discount and an early road test.
Please note that in order to get a certificate you need to complete the whole course within 1 year from the day you register with S.D. & G. Defensive Driving School. The certificate provides proof of successful completion of and graduation from a Beginner Driver Education course and is widely recognized by the insurance industry as proof of course completion and may be eligible for an insurance discount. Save 4 months on your G1 road test waiting period.
What does the package include?
20 hours in the classroom, 10 hours of in-class assignments and 10 hours in the car.
In class sessions will cover multiple topics related to driving as outlined in the MTO curriculum for the Beginner Driver Education program. All of our driving school in class instructors are licensed. Safety and Responsibility are at the core of all our Driver Training Programs.
Following Topics Are Included:
– Rules of the Road – signs, signals and markings
– Vehicle Components and Vehicle Handling – getting to know your vehicle
– Driving in the City, Country, Highways – stopping, passing and emergency maneuvers
– Driving in Adverse Conditions – driving at night, winter and rain
– Collision Avoidance and Reducing the Force of Impact –maintaining space, communication, dangers of high speed, seat belts, airbags.
– Drinking and Driving – share real life video of consequences
– Risk Management – child restraints, vehicle maintenance, insurance.
In car lessons are undertaken with our driving instructors who are well trained professionals who will teach any beginner driver to become a safe and confident driver. Within these 10 hours the new driver will learn the basic skills required for driving. At the end of the lessons, the new driver will be given a test similar to the driving test standards. Will prepare student with knowledge to successfully pass G2 road test.
Best Western Plus Parkway Inn & Conference Centre
1515 Vincent Massey Dr, Cornwall, ON K6H 5R6
*Our in-class drivers education training is held in Cornwall, Ontario & the surrounding area’s.
*Cost of the course:
The cost of the course is $800 HST included